- How do I use Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping?
- To earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points for online shopping, you must first be a member of the Amtrak Guest Rewards program. It is free to join Amtrak Guest Rewards. Enroll now at AmtrakGuestRewards.com. Once you’ve enrolled, come back to Points for Shopping and get started.
- Do I need to join Amtrak Guest Rewards to earn points when I purchase through the online mall?
- Yes. As long as you’re an Amtrak Guest Rewards member and have logged in and clicked on the retailer site from the Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping site, you can earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
- Can I purchase through the Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping online mall if I am not a member?
- Anyone can browse the Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping site, however you must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member to make purchases and earn Amtrak Guest Rewards points.
- How do I start shopping and earning?
- Sign In (use the sign-in button in the top-right corner of the screen).
- Use your first name, last name and your Amtrak Guest Rewards member number to log in
- Then just choose which retailer you want to shop with and click the ‘Shop Now’ button.
- Remember, you must log in and click from https://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com every time in order for us to track your points.
- Can I earn points if I am not an Amtrak Guest Rewards member?
- No. You must be an Amtrak Guest Rewards member to earn points. Join online—it’s free and easy.
- Is it more expensive to shop via Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping?
- No, you will not spend any more by using our site—and you’ll get the benefit of earning points. It’s the same price as shopping directly with the retailers (so you won’t miss out on any of their special offers); however, by using our site you can earn points on every purchase (excluding gift cards, tax and shipping costs). And our service is totally free.
- I signed into my Account and made purchases via Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping, but my transactions aren’t showing up in my Account—what's going on?
- It takes up to five working days for a purchase to display as ‘Pending.’
- It may be that the web browser used at the time of purchase had cookies disabled. Cookies allow us to track your purchase—without them there’s no way for the system to allocate points to your Account. Read more about cookies.
If you’d like help, contact us.
- My cookies are enabled but my purchases still aren’t showing up in my Account.
Here are some guidelines to help make sure you receive your points:
- Make sure you log in to the Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping site and click on the ‘Shop Now’ button.
- Complete your purchase online, all in one session.
- If you decide after checkout that you want to purchase something else, close the retailer site window and start the process again from the Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping site.
- Don’t retrieve previously-saved items in your shopping cart; start completely from scratch.
- If you’re buying insurance, make sure you start from a completely new quote; don’t retrieve a saved one or use a renewal offer if you’re already a policy-holder.
- Don’t click on another banner or website promoting the retailer before you complete your transaction. If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping can affect tracking.
- Don’t use “refer a friend” programs—this changes the referrer.
- Calling the retailer to complete or modify your order will likely override the Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping referral (and therefore your points).
- Increasingly, some pop-up blocking software programs prevent the special tracking codes we need to track your purchases. Please disable your program before using the Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping online mall.
- Why have my points been cancelled?
Points can be cancelled for a number of reasons. The most common are:
- You have returned the products you purchased to the retailer
- Your payment failed or you didn’t meet the requirements of the retailer’s credit check
- Your new registration has not been deemed genuine
- Your last click with this retailer didn’t come from this site
- Your transaction didn’t meet the retailer’s Terms and Conditions
- If coupon codes that are not listed on Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping website are used, the transaction will be invalidated from earning points.
- I forgot to log in before buying something. Can I still have my points?
- Sorry, we’re unable to retroactively allocate points. The next time you shop, always visit the retailer’s website via Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping online mall so that cookies can track your visit and we can allocate points.
- Are my points immediately credited to my Account?
- When you buy something from a retailer, the transaction will appear in your Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping transaction history as ’Pending’ within five working days.
- We’ll confirm the transaction with the retailer before updating the transaction status to ‘Approved.’ This takes 60 days and is subject to the retailer’s Terms and Conditions.
- Once ‘Approved,’ the points will be credited to your account.
If you'd like help, please contact us.
- How do I know how many points I'll earn?
The Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping site will clearly outline how many points you’ll earn. In most cases, this will be presented as a number of points earned per $1 spent at the retailer.
- For example, if a retailer is offering 2 points per $1 spent, and your transaction total is $50 (excluding tax and shipping), you can expect to receive 100 points.
- In another example, you may not earn points per $1 spent, but rather a certain number of points for a single purchase, or by registering for a service with that retailer. In this instance, you’ll receive points for that one action, but not for subsequent actions or purchases on that retailer’s site.
- Will I earn points for postage/handling or tax included in my transaction?
- Postage/handling and/or tax are not included when calculating points.
- Can I see my Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping transaction history?
- Yes. You can see all your transactions whether they are ‘Pending,’ ‘Approved’ or ‘Cancelled’ when you are logged into your Account.
- Why do I earn more points with some retailers than with others?
- It’s the retailers who decide the level of points given for shopping with them.
- Why have I earned more or fewer points with same retailer?
- Point rates can go up or down, but the current rate is always displayed on this site, so remember to look at the current rate to know what to expect.
- There’s an online shop I visit frequently, but it’s not part of Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping. How can I get it added?
- We’re constantly adding and looking for new retailers, so if you know of a great online service or shop that you’d like to see added to our growing list, please get in touch.
- What happens if I cancel a purchase I’ve made or want to make a return?
- Cancelation and return policies vary by retailer. However, you will not earn points on cancelled, returned and refunded purchases. However, you will not earn points for any cancelled or refunded sales.
- I was interested in a retailer who is no longer listed, can you tell me why?
- From time to time, retailers may decide they no longer wish to participate in Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping or fund points for our members. When this happens, they are removed from our listings.
- Can I use my Amtrak Guest Rewards points to purchase products directly from Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping?
- Your points can only be deposited in to your Amtrak Guest Rewards account. To redeem your points through the Amtrak Guest Rewards program, please visit https://amtrakguestrewards.com/redeem
- Are my personal details safe?
- Will I be contacted by any of your retailers?
- Amtrak will not share any personal information about you with our retailers. Please note though that when you click a ‘Shop Now’ link to a retailer, you will leave Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping completely and be subject to that retailer’s Terms and Conditions. If you leave your details with a retailer, they may contact you.
A cookie is a small piece of data used by web servers to help identify web users. Cookies can be turned on and off by you at any time in your web browser menu.
Cookies allow us to award your points for any transactions with retailers.
- How are cookies used at Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping?
A piece of code on our retailers’ websites records your unique member number and transaction, and then passes that back to us. We then use this to match it back to your details so we can allocate points to your Account.
- How can I check my cookies are turned on?
- In Internet Explorer, open the browser:
- Go to “Tools”
- Select “Options”
- Under “Privacy,” move the settings slider to “Medium” or lower, then hit “Ok.”
- Go to “Tools”
- Select “Options”
- Under “Privacy,” select “Accept cookies from sites,” then hit “Ok.”
- Go to “Edit”
- Select “Preferences”
- Under the “Security” tab in the “Allow Cookies” section, select “Only sites you navigate to,” then hit “Ok.”
- Click the Chrome menu icon
- Select “Settings”
- Near the bottom of the page, click “Show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click “Content settings”
- Select “Allow local data to be set (recommended)”
*If using any other browser, just check out the Help section.
- What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
Click the ‘Find your details’ link under sign-in and follow the online instructions. Go to https://shop.amtrakguestrewards.com and select:
- My Account
- Forgot your details? and reset password.
- What do I do if I forget my sign-in details that I used to join with?
- Get in contact with us.
- How do I update my personal details?
- Log in to your Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping Account and click on ‘Profile’ to update your email address for the notification emails.
- Where will Amtrak Guest Rewards Points for Shopping Retailers deliver to?
- You will need to check with each individual retailer for full details of its delivery options.
- How does it work?
- To understand how it works, please visit our how it works page.
- How can you offer free points?
- We offer free points by giving you back a percentage (up to 100% in some cases) of the commission fee that we receive from the retailers for referring your sale.
- How many retailers do you have on your site?
- We have hundreds of retailers currently on our site covering a vast range of shopping categories and are always adding more.